Adds a button which allows you to share post and also shows the number of times the post or page has been shared through out the Facebook just like tw
The Facebook Share (new) button easily allows your blog to be shared. The button also provides a current count of how many times your story has been shared throughout Facebook.
Facebook has just released this new share button and you might have seen this on http://Mashable.com as they were one of the lucky Beta testers of Facebook share.
Tested upto 3.1.3Functionality
- New - Facebook Share button which shows the number of times your post has been shared on Facebook. Integrates the ability to share your post with one click.
- Position it Before, After, Before/After on post or page.
- Use custom CSS on the button code.
- Ability to choose whether to display on post and/or pages.
- Ability to choose whether or not to SHOW COUNT.
- Works well with New Google+1 and Tweetmeme Button.
- Support for Facebook Share API & Open Graph API.
AUTOMATIC: Position it Before, After, Before/After on post or page. Also, works with your RSS feeds.
SHORT CODE:You can also place the shortcode [fbshare] anywhere in your post or page. It will automatically render with the post or page. [Does not require access to the code. Just place while writing post or page]
MANUAL: Manually position it anywhere in the code. if (function_exists('fbshare_manual')) echo fbshare_manual(); [Good for developers]
- Track Share Counts, Like Counts, Comment Counts and Click Counts.
- Track people who liked your post from within the Facebook account.
- Support for Facebook Opengraph API.
- Fixed bug to work with Google+1 button.
- Various bug fixes since version 2.0.0
- Support now available via Facebook Page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Wordpress-Plugins/197556250291376
Requires WordPress Version: 2.7.2 or higher
Compatible up to: 3.1.4
Last Updated: 2011-6-8 Downloads: 100,586
- Facebook share plugin is broken
- [Plugin: Facebook Share (New) Button] No metadata
- [Plugin: facebook-share-new] Some fixes for the Statistics page
- [Plugin: Facebook Share (New) Button] meta tags conflict
- [Plugin: Facebook Share (New) Button] w3c error: multiple fb_share_1 ids
- broken twice now
- [Plugin: Facebook Share (New) Button] # of time an article was shared
- [Plugin: Facebook Share (New) Button] [fbshare] doesn't stick
- [Plugin: Facebook Share (New) Button] AWESOME BUTTON YET!!!
- [Plugin: Facebook Share (New) Button] Description Doesn't Update